Sunday, September 23, 2012

DIY Mercury Glass Lamp Before


I found this little lovely at a thrift shop a couple weeks ago. I have wanted a mercury glass lamp forever. I have pieces throughout my house and love the stuff. Most mercury glass lamps are pretty pricey and if they are not I don't care for the shape. I found this for $8.00. It's pretty heavy and I liked the shape a lot. Now most DIY for mercury glass have you painting the inside. As you can see that isn't possible for this lamp. So I have to find a different way to accomplish what I want. I also plan on updating the shade but, using the same one. I have a couple ideas rolling around my head. I have a ton of fabric stashed away and may use some of it to repurpose this shade. I'll do the reveal soon so check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment