Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Here's another cuff bracelet I've made from re-purposed materials. This fabric is so bright and beautiful. The piece has embroidery, glass beading, vintage laces. I made the rose from a hot pink shirt I found at the thrift store. I love the texture of the rose. This is to be worn loosely on the wrist. There is batting between the two layers of fabric to give it more structure. I left the lace for the closure a little long for a nice bow or hanging. The width is 2 in thick which is around the size I've been working with and about 7 1/2 inches in length. I did just complete a romantic goth cuff that I'll be posting soon and that one is much wider. I got the inspiration for these cuffs in the Sew Somerset Magazine Dec/Jan/Feb 2010 edition. The article talked about a workshop the author attended from an artist Sally Casper. One of the pictures showed  a vintage, rhinestone jewelry piece that was re-purposed for the cuff and some vintage lace on a pale blue remnant of fabric. The article was by Norma Kooi, she had several pictures of cuffs in different designs. I've enjoyed working on these they can be completed in an hour or so and really help the creative process for other works of art. I have found if I don't try and create something regularly I have a difficult time trying to accomplish anything. I do have this item for sell in my etsy shop listed above. Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment